Take Stock in Children (TSIC) is committed to preserving our donors’ privacy and safeguarding their personal, financial, and other sensitive information. The following statement describes the general information gathering and usage practices of our programs and website.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in TSIC, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the mission of TSIC, of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes;
- To be informed of the identity of the Chief Executive Officer of TSIC and those serving on TSIC’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities;
- To have access to TSIC’s most recent financial statements, including our most recent 990 filing;
- To be assured that all gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given;
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition for gifts made to TSIC;
- To be assured information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law;
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing TSIC will be professional in nature;
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of TSIC, or hired solicitors;
- To have the opportunity to have their names deleted from mailing lists; and
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
What information we collect:
We use personal information collected from donors for the purposes of communicating with donors about TSIC. This information may include name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, email address, and any other personal information provided to us by the donor (“donor data”). For donations made by check, donor data also includes data visible on the check.
As part of providing an effective online experience for donors, we may store various data collected as part of standard web operations (including user-agent strings, IP addresses, referrer strings, etc.). We may use these data for the purposes described in this policy. TSIC uses a payment services account, specifically Network for Good, to allow donors to make their gifts electronically. Payment processors collect information from donors, and donors should consult their specific privacy policies to review their practices. Data specific to making payments are not shared by Network for Good with TSIC. If a donation is made by credit card, we do not store credit card information, bank account numbers, or other financial account information sent directly to Network for Good.
How we protect and use personal information:
TSIC respects the fact that providing information to TSIC does not mean that it should be forwarded to any other organization. Personal information is never sold nor shared with outside sources.
All of our donor information is restricted in our offices. Only employees and volunteers who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Donor data may be used for any of the following:
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations
- Informing donors about upcoming activities of TSIC
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
- Surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- Other purposes related to fundraising operations
We do not publish, sell, trade, rent, or exchange donor data. Comments that are provided by donors may be publicly published and may be used in promotional materials. We may use available information to supplement donor data to improve the information we use to develop our fundraising efforts. We may publish donor names but will allow donors the option to request non-publication unless publication is required by law.
Our monthly e-Newsletter:
TSIC offers its own free monthly e-Newsletter that it sends out to interested individuals. Subscribers may choose to unsubscribe at any time, and information on how to unsubscribe is located at the bottom of each e-Newsletter.
TSIC seeks to retain donor-related information only as needed to fulfill the purposes described in this policy unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulations, such as tax laws in the United States and the State of Florida, which require that TSIC keep contact information and contribution level of donors on file.
Location Based Services
Contacting Take Stock in Children:
Take Stock in Children works hard to ensure that your giving experience is a positive one. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our practices, or your experience with our website, please contact us at:
Take Stock in Children
3000 NE 30th Place, Suite 409, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306, Phone: (786) 369-5130
Or contact us by email: email@example.com
Effective Date: January 1, 2021